Thursday, July 24, 2008

Voltage/amp draw issue...

I got home this evening and immediately measured my battery in order for me to run and grab one that is the same size. Meijer didn't have that fit, so I ran back home and pulled out the old one to take to Lakes, and as luck would have it Mike happen to have one in stock. The old style of battery that you have to add the acid to and fill each compartment inside, and make sure you don't spill this acid on anything as your trying to do all this...

I brought it home, filled it up, and let it sit on the charger for a while. About 7:00 I turned the key and kicked her over and she fired right up... I rode around for a while and decided to park it around 8:00 so that I could run to Royal Oak and pick up the log full of bees that I got a call on earlier.

I parked the bike, pulled out the voltage tester to check if there was any significant draw on the battery just in case that's what the original problem was. The voltage read a steady 12.36 volts, didn't appear to be losing anything.

I'll definitely ride her to work tomorrow...

No comments: