Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Moving the seat back...

A temporary fix, rather than cutting the existing tabs, I'll experiment with moving the seat back with temporary iron extensions.

Tonight I cut a couple pieces of angle iron and shaped them to use the existing bolt down tabs for the seat springs. The pieces of angle are 6" long, the holes are 5" center to center. I'll bolt the front holes of the irons to the existing frame tabs with the irons extending straight back, then I'll bolt the springs down to the rear most holes in the irons, giving me 5 inches more reach and leg room. I've got to be careful as to where these irons mount so they don't tear up the rear tire.

I also polished the springs the best I could. (Note the original condition of these springs in one of first pics)

I still need to drill a new hole for the front seat hinge.

No comments: