Saturday, July 12, 2008

Electrical Nightmare...

I can't ride this bike on the road until this spaghetti wire mess is figured out... Did you notice the mess of wires behind the motor in one of the initial pics posted? Why the previous owner selected to wire this with all the same color is beyond me...

I fabricated an angle bracket in order to attach the license plate and tail light near the rear axle on the frame. Now to wire it up so it works... Looking at the wiring schematic trying to figure out how to draw power for the running light and run it through the brake switch in order for one to have constant power and the brake light to be actuated only when I hit the brake just confuses the daylights out of me... This might as well be written in Latin for all I can make sense out of it...

Sure wish my buddy Mike would come give me a hand like he offered... But he's just as anxious to get his boat in the water as I am to get this bike on the road... So here I sit completely frustrated, while Mike pulls up and says "Hey Bud, let's go take my boat for a test drive out on Loon Lake", so we are off to the lake and then he'll come over to make sense of this nightmare...

No comments: