Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Air Filters...

I picked up a couple of UNI pod air filters for the chopper from Lakes and then I ran over to the "other" place to pick up the Pilot Jets that I had ordered a few days prior... for some reason my jets had not been ordered, needless to say I was more than a little irritated. The gentleman that was very helpful the day I ordered these jets, could not explain why these jets were not ordered as he had requested, obviously someone else chose to override his decision to please a customer.

I went home and installed these air filters and put the original pilots back in this beast and she fired right up... and stayed running after the idle was adjusted.

I still can't believe that the lack of air filters on this bike would make her run rich and fail to run at an idle, but sure enough, that's all it took to keep her purring. Now I'm glad that I didn't waste a few bucks on those jets, now I'll call them tomorrow and cancel my order they failed to place to begin with, screw'em.

Now that the bike is running with no apparent problems I'm taking her for a ride... finally. A few laps around the neighborhood making my loops bigger and bigger trying to keep a safe distance from home, just in case she decides to quit on me. I passed the Mobil station by the house and thought I should top her off just in case, but changed my mind because I wasn't going to go far, then a mile down the road she starts chuggin'... I looked down at the fuel filters and sure enough they were dry... Hey Mike... come and save me with a gas can...

Meanwhile, Waterford's finest rolls by me, then they decide to make a loop back by and run my plate... Thank God I put plates and insurance on this before my impatience allowed me to take her for a spin without.

She road fairly well, but I did notice that the front shocks need some attention.

I think I'll ride her to work tomorrow...

No comments: